REGIONAL AIRPORT INTEGRATED CAMP 23 -26 FEB 2015, PORTSUDAN2015
Being the first of its kind, the Cultural Change Programme (CCP) organized, during the period from 23 to 25 Feb 2015 in Portsudan, an integrated camp for the Regional Airports. The Programme coincided with celebrations of Sudanese Airports Holding Company and Regional Airports Company on the occasion of obtaining the Airport Operating Certificate of Port Sudan International Airport.
About 70 persons from different airports in Sudan attended the Camp. The main object of the Camp was to develop the values, methods and the regulatory ideas of the SAHL and its Subsidiaries. The Camp also meant to establish the foundation for bringing about the positive behavioral change that the top management desires to achieve.
Fifteen (15) Sudanese airports participated in the programme. These airports are:-
1. Dongola Airport;
2. Merowe Airport;
3. Wadi Halfa Airport;
4. Atbara Airport;
5. Debbah Airport;
6. Port Sudan Airport;
7. Kassala Airport;
8. Obeid Airport;
9. Nyala airport;
10. El Fasher Airport;
11. El Geneina Airport;
12. Zalingei Airport;
13. Daein Airport;
14. Damazin Airport; and
15. Kadugli Airport.
During the Programme participants were introduced to many activities and tasks that aimed at building capacity and enhancing the mental image of the Company to the staff. Participants were also given the required knowledge and skills for steering the Cultural Change Programme at different airports in Sudan.
Citing Engineer Mohamed Abdelaziz Ahmend’ words during the event , the change which SAHL desire to achieve is:
- To train leadership that delineates and directs the strategic path of the Company through monitoring the staff development and empowerment in order to achieve the strategic goals of the Company;
- To modify the technical an ethical knowledge of the Company by developing and promulgating the Code of Ethic Handbook as well as implementing training programmes for modification of personal and mental behavior;
- To increase the rates of customer satisfaction;
- To enhance the level of Staff participation in the development of the objectives of their departments as well as the implementation plans and assessment capabilities. It also requires the empowering of staff to provide suggestions that lead to the development of business procedures and rectification of operational errors.
- To adjust staff personal conduct through work disciplines, practical and positive thinking, and professional knowledge acquisition.
The salient results of the Programme are as follows:
1. Involving the operating staff of different Sudanese airports in the activities of the Cultural Change Programme through:
• CCP workshops (forums, circulars and training).
• Orientation sessions on SAHL Strategy.
• Highlighting the activities and tasks of the next phase.
2. Providing background knowledge on organizational and cultural change together with its methods and goals.
3. Training to enhance mental and behavioral skills such as time management, positive thinking, and challenges of change.
4. Designing cultural change programmes to various Sudanese airports, taking into account the nature and uniqueness of the airports.
5. Devising mechanism for implementing cultural change programmes at airports.
This is in addition to the social and cognitive integration among workers of different Sudanese airports that have been accomplished through the programme and which have had positive impact in the minds of the participants.