A workshop on introducing SAHL Strategic Plan
Within the framework of the Cultural Change Program (CCP) launched by Sudan Airports Holding Company, the Corporate Performance Development Team organized a workshop to introduce SAHL Strategic Plan. The workshop was held on 29th Jan 2015 at SAHL Conference Hall under the auspices of Eng. Mohamed Abdelaziz Ahmed, the General Manager. He expressed his happiness in launching the first orientation program on Strategic Plan of SAHL and its Subseries, stressing the importance of the involvement of all aviation stakeholders.
This confirms the need for real participation of all partners of aviation industry in Sudan in the development of this vital sector. It also confirms the Company's commitment to ICAO recommendations to adopt global policies that function according to a unified vision in order that the plan be realized, benefiting all the people of Sudan, and thus creating a positive image, while ensuring efficient performance of both individuals and the companies in the field aviation toward global competition through self-development. The Year 2015 is the baseline towards better, fast and cost efficient aviation services and infrastructure for all users and staff.
During the workshop, Eng. Ali Mohammed GaibAllah, the Director of Strategic Planning, displayed the general features of SAHL Strategic Plan for the next five years. The workshop was attended by departmental directors of the Holding Company, the managers of the Subsidiaries and representatives from immigration, customs, security, veterinary and health quarantine, airlines, and aviation training organizations. This, in fact, reflects the importance of the strategic role of the partners of aviation industry in Sudan, since the first workshop was devoted to SAHL’s strategy towards partners. The workshop discussed the following subjects:
1. Historical background of aviation in Sudan;
2. The importance of strategic planning;
3. Pointing out the main steps in developing SAHL Strategic Pan;
4. Analysis of the current status of air transport system in Sudan;
5. Air traffic at Domestic airports;
6. The roles of the Holding Company in management of companies;
7. Introducing the vision, mission and values of the Holding Company;
8. Defining the strategic goals and priorities;
9. Stages of the implementation of the strategy; and
10. The role of the partners in the development of aviation in Sudan.