SudanAcademyforAviationSciences and Technology (Sudafast) to be an educationalandresearch centeroflocal, regional and global reputation in the field ofAviation sciences and technology, with the objective of graduating students that are characterized with academicexcellenceandknowledgeaccording to international standards.
The academy is a key tributary to domesticate and develop aviation science and technology in Sudan.
Establishment of an academy specialized in the field of aviation that offers scientific degrees in accordance with the requirements of the Civil Aviation Authority, Higher Education, and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in order to contribute to thedevelopment ofthe aviation industryin Sudan.
Strict adherence to ethics of education and the profession is the policy of the Sudan Academy for Science and Technology in dealing with all internal and external stakeholders.It is a commitment to provide equal and fair opportunities in every aspect of its operation, allowing self-motivation ofits workforcein order tomake them distinguished as individuals and student related to the Academy, and as a model for consistency, integrity. It also as an example to be followed in terms of stability, integrity, consistency as well as balancing betweenthe achievements of their own and those ofthe of the Academy.
About the Academy
• Name: Sudan Academy for Aviation Sciences and Technology (Sudafast)
• Location: Khartoum 2, the premises of the former Civil Aviation Training Institute
• Ownership: Sudan Airports Holding Company
• Incorporation: Article of association
• Purpose: As specified in the Article of Association
• Scope:aviation education and training
• Registration: SH 42113
the seat of the Civil Aviation Training Institute
a land of 45.000 m2, near the ACC
• Founders: Sudan Airport Holding Company
The Location of the Academy (Khartoum State)
1. The Academy has two locations; the first is a complete premise built in an area of 3000 m2. It is located at Prof Nazeer Dafaallah Street to the west of the German Vocational Training Centre. The Academy will commence its operations in this very location. The second is a well-located land of an area of 45000 m2 to the north of ACC allocated for future expansion.
2. Studies have conducted to expand within the existing premises. They include lecture rooms, labs, offices, a library and other facilities for students’ services.
1. 2013 signing of a cooperation agreement with Sudan University for Sciences and Technology
2. 2014 signing of a cooperation agreement with Anadolu University, Turkey, the Civil Aviation College
3. 2014: signing of partnership agreement with Karary University
4. Eila Aviation College, Jordan
1. Diploma in Air Traffic control and Aviation management
2. Diploma in Aviation Security
3. BSc in Air Traffic management
4. BSc in Aeronautical Meteorology
5. BSc in Air Transport Economics
6. Continuous Studies Programme
• Building an aviation academy committed to academic and knowledge excellence, while keeping abreast with all local, regional and international developments and changes in the field of aviation sciences and technology;
• Graduating persons capable of managing, deciding , thinking critically and positive change that is creative and innovative
• Provision of highly knowledgeable and cultured graduates that are aware of the professional norms and values of the community, in order to communicate effectively with his community through applying the technology and IT management systems that are related to aviation sciences and technology;
(a) ATC Programmes
• BSc in Air Navigation Systems Engineering;
• BSc in Aeronautics, flying and flight operations;
• BSc in Airways Engineering, Airspace planning;
(b) Aviation Management Programmes;
• Bachelor of Airport Management;
• Bachelor of Aviation Security Management;
(c) Public Administration Programmes;
(d) Information Technology Programmes;
(e) Commuter Engineering; and
(f) Library and Archiving
THE ROLE OFTHE ACADEMY
• Development of the aviation industry in Sudan in order to keep up with the latest worldwide developments in this field;
• Training of specialized technical and administrative staff in order to participate effectively and professionally in the industry;
• Domestication of aviation education and training, as well as dissemination of aviation culture among the members of the Sudanese community; and
• Contributing to the development of the aviation sector in Sudan in order to support the National Economy.
GOALS OF THE ACADEMY
The goals of the academy that have been identified in the preliminary study of the Project and improved several times in order to keep pace with the requirements of the phase. The goals in its final form are as follows.
1) To bridge the gap between theory and actual applications of scientific knowledge in the areas of science and technology through the provision of highly specialized university studies programs that represent in its entirety a reflection of the local and global trends and requirements in the world of aviation industry.
2) To meet the expectations and aspirations of learners in the areas of aviation sciences and technology at local and regional levels, and through the provision of academic and educational programs that are challenging and supportive to scientific professionalism and motivating to knowledge.
3) To stimulate and promote the spirit of creativity and innovation in the fields of scientific research and professional application; and to create a good environment for continuous and progressive improvement, while upholding the values of excellence and competitiveness, considering that the quality of education is the gateway to competition.
4) To design and develop training curricula and specialized scientific programs for the development of staff and specialists in various fields of aviation sciences and technology in order to meet the needs of civil aviation sector from specialists in civil aviation sciences in accordance with international standards.
5) To improve performance of civil aviation staff and other beneficiaries of the academic programs in the areas of safety and security of airports in Sudan in accordance with international standards
6) Development of business and personnel practices of the Academy; attracting qualified staff to work for the Academy; enhancing the work environment; and development of knowledge, skills and attitudes of staff in accordance with international standards.
7) To contribute to the development of security and safety systems in the field of air transport services;
8) Upholding the worldwide developments and innovation in the field of aviation sciences and technology and recommending new scientific and technical applications that are relevant to promote air transport sector in Sudan.
9) Effective participation that will lead to a direct positive impact on the university educational, scientific and vocational education.
10) To establish a balanced approach between conservation and the preservation of the firm of educational values and ethics of the hand and keep up with the ways of scientific development and management of positive change and commitment to global quality standards.
11) To gain the confidence of the local and the international community in terms of educational and academic products of the Academy, while upholding the principles of participation in oversight and quality promotion by the community organizations that are related to education
12) Development and promotion of cooperation with regional and international organizations specialized in the field of civil aviation training in order to take advantage of their expertise; and cooperation with academic and professional communities in establishing standards and means of measurement that are in compliance with international standards.
13) To establish reciprocal relations with relevant bodies and organizations at the regional and international levels with a view to gaining mutual recognition.
14) Provision of specialized continuous studies for building the capacities in the field of aviation-related sciences and technology.